Already have a Username/Password for The Journal of Media Literacy Education?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- Each author of the uploaded manuscript must be registered as users/authors within JMLE.org.
- The manuscript has been proofread repeatedly to ensure logical flow, sound arguments, and clear exposition of ideas.
- All images and graphics should be submitted as supplementary files and their placement in the manuscrupt must be noted.
- For research and scholarship manuscripts, the research question is stated clearly in both the abstract and introduction.
- Where possible, the manuscript is aligned with NAMLE's Core Principles of Media Literacy Education.
- Author's name does not appear anywhere in the manuscript submission in preparation for the blind peer review process.
- Cover sheet/letter is included with the title of the manuscript and 100-word abstract of the paper.
- Manuscript is submitted in Microsoft Word Format, with appropriate margins, double-spaced and 12-point font.
- All URLs must be checked for accuracy prior to submission.
- Manuscripts should be within the designated word count for the type of submission (Research Articles, Voices from the Field, and Professional Resource Reviews - consult our archives for examples of each type).
- For writing style and the use of tables, figures, and appendices, authors must follow Chicago style in accordance with the guidelines of the online edition: The Chicago Manual of Style 16th Edition.
- If you are uploading a revised version of a manuscript that you previously submitted to JMLE, then please include this information in the author comments when uploading your submission.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.